There are many idioms used in the business world. If you don’t understand these expressions, it’s easy to get lost in a conversation. Below is a chart of some of the most common idioms used at work. Although most of these idioms are used in both British and American English, the chart was designed to include the most common business idioms in American English.
Also see the Idioms Builder for practice with hundreds of idioms.

The Most Common Business Idioms

There are, of course, many other business idioms. For practice with hundreds of idioms, see the Idioms Builder.

Big picture The teacher gives students a big picture to do presentation.
Fifty-fifty Canadian culture is people eat out, they 're fifty-fifty pay the bill
Blue collar  I fount first job in Canada was a blue collar
In the black I hope Ontario economy in the black this year
Go the extra mile my a friend goes the extra mile,she works two companies 
A tough break I think my English is a tough break before


Edited by Jane
Big picture --The teacher gives students a big picture to do presentation.
Fifty-fifty --Canadian culture is if people eat out, they pay the bill fifty-fifty.
Blue collar The first job that I found in Canada is a blue collar.
In the black I hope Ontario economy is in the black this year.
Go the extra mile My friend goes the extra mile.She works two companies 
A tough break  I think my English is a tough break before.?